November 30, 2011

My New Viewpoint

Confession time...I have never had a monitor. Not a video monitor, not an audio monitor-- nothing. Does this make me a bad mom?? Perhaps...but I just figured I could hear them well enough one room away and I knew I probably would have been one of those moms that sat and watched their child's back rise and fall to make sure they were still breathing (and if you are one of those moms, more power to you!).
Anyways, all hell kind of broke loose when the twins moved into their big kid beds. The control I once had.....gone :( I mean, hello?? If you had a built in playmate in your room, would you stay in your bed?
Even after removing--well, pretty much everything from their room, I would somehow hear crashes and bangs followed by tears and never really know if it was because someone's feelings were hurt or if someone's eye had been poked out. Soooo....I broke down and got a video monitor. And by video monitor, I mean I got this iPhone-looking, touch-screen machine that can pan the entire room and I can talk into it. Y'ALL!!! This thing is crazy. And yes, it is a little creepy too. The twins look like they are deer caught in headlights when Jono and I speak into it and tell them to stop pushing or throwing books, etc.
BUT, it has worked wonders so far. They get bored much faster and eventually end up in their respective beds asleep- HOORAY! All of you mommies that told me to get a monitor....I should have listened sooner!

Here is a cute shot of them in Emma Kate's bed-Jackson was "reading" her a story after I told them to get into bed :)



1 comment:

  1. Brett received a video monitor from his parents for his birthday this year and it's been awesome! We were totally a monitor-less family, too, and now I don't know how we'll ever NOT have a video to spy on the boys!

    ReplyDelete