October 2, 2011

Rainy days

Several months ago, I had sent a desperate plea on facebook to other stay at home mommas asking for ideas/advice when it was rainy and cold outside- what to do with our kiddos? Many of you responded and had super creative thoughts and ideas, many of which I have filed away. Recently, it has been super rainy here in Virginia and I have needed to pull some of those ideas out of the “file.” My dear friend Emily mentioned to me that she bought butcher block paper and rolled it across the floor, pulled out crayons (or other art supplies) and let the kids have at it- brilliant! Last year, we were still eating art supplies (awesome…) so I decided to give it a try this rainy weekend. The twins loved it!! And have since asked to “color, color” every morning when we wake up.

What do you do on a rainy day with your kiddos? Still filing away ideas as we get closer and closer to winter J


Getting started

Showing each other their work- so cute!

Our finished product!



4 comments:

  1. You are such a great Mommy! Looks like a blast! And I love their PJs...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butcher paper is a constant on Finn's little table. It's great! Very occasionally on rainy days I pull out the few bathtub crayons I have and let Finn draw all over the bathtub and walls. But that involves more cleanup than plain paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! So fun - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete