October 5, 2011

Decorating for Fall- Yes or No?

So last year I was still in survival mode…or at least I kept telling myself that. The twins had just turned one and I felt like I was just barely out of the deep waters and starting to really get in our groove. I definitely didn’t put out any “fall” or harvest decorations and my Christmas décor included some poinsettias (maybe not even a tree??!! Can’t even remember!). Anyways, this year I am back to normal…or my new normal J

This past weekend, we went to dinner at a friend’s house who had decorated a little for fall but did in a very classic way- very much my style (hi Meredith, if you’re reading). That got me inspired and I picked up a few items to make our house a little more harvest-ready J

The kiddos love our new pumpkin outside. Hoping to carve it before Halloween!

I found this cool "fairy tale" pumpkin at Trader Joes- makes a perfect centerpiece!

I thought these mini pumpkins were cute and added a great touch to the end of my mantle

What about you? Do you go all out or skip Fall decorating all together?

1 comment:

  1. I love pumpkins! I think I would decorate more for each holiday if I had the room to STORE stuff. That's the problem.

    We do pumpkins on the steps (til the darn squirrels eat too big of holes in them) and I have a welcome sign on the door with a pumpkin. And a few fallish odds and ends around the house. This year I've had fun getting a big bucket and putting vinyl pumpkins on it and filling it with fall and Halloween books for Finn to read. I think I'll do that for all the seasons/holidays just changing out the vinyl and the books.

    ReplyDelete