October 12, 2011

Losing My Voice...

Last week was rough...I came down with a terrible cold and ended up completely losing my voice. As you can imagine this made interacting, disciplining, and really even enjoying the twins quite difficult. But the Lord is good and sweet. He taught me such valuable lessons during these challenging few days--to simply rely on him for strength, to ask for help when needed, to prioritize and let some things go.
And then on a more practical level, it was pretty neat to see the babes (can I still call them that?) respond to my lack of a voice. I had to get right on their level and whisper to give them a direction. At first they didn't know quite what to do with that but the quickly adapted and I noticed that the tone in our home totally changed. Rather than everyone yelling to speak over one another (including me...yikes!), we were all whispering or using quieter voices to get across our message. What a great lesson in how the Lord speaks to us...and even disciplines us!
Hoping to keep this "tone" up in our home even though my voice has returned.

Had to add a quick, cute video of the babes dancing. A few disclaimers...

1. Yes, we do usually wear clothes (I know pics from last week also included us in diapers)
2. Yes, we do often eat off the floor, I am ok with that :)
3. Yes, we are working on being gentle with Savannah

3 comments:

  1. I love your morning song! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean seriously. such a sweet song and such a sweet video! love Savannah's haircut too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for a video! So cute- and I love that new voice! Nana's haircut made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete