November 30, 2010

Let's Bake!

So holiday season = baking season in my home and although this isn't your typical festive Christmas cookies, I had a bunch of extra bananas sitting around that were about to go bad so I thought I would dig up an older recipe for banana bread that I absolutely love but often forget about. It is so yummy that I thought I would share. Happy Baking!!

PS- For all you old Falls Churchers...and specifically Cornerstoners, this is Lolly Taylor's recipe and let me just tell you, it is D-lish!! I think the sour cream makes it :)


Banana Bread

2/3 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
4 Tbsp sour cream
1 C (3-4) mashed bananas
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cream butter, sugar, and eggs. Add bananas. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl, then add to creamed mixture, a little at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 300 for 1 1/4 hours, or until tester comes out clean.

Makes one loaf. Freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment