February 16, 2010

Going Beyond God Bless Johnny

Recently, a friend who is a new mom herself suggested a book on praying scriptures over your children. I loved this idea because although I have been diligently trying to pray for my babies, my prayers are often "God Bless Johnny" prayers. You know, just quick ones thrown up when I remember or have a free moment. There isn't much direction to the prayers-- just asking the Lord to bless my babies, keep them safe, etc. I was so excited to find out about this book to provide me with a little guidance as I pray. And honestly, could there be anything better than actually praying God's word over my babies? I am sure many of you moms out there have already found this resource but just in case, it is called, "Praying the Scriptures for your Children" by Jodie Berndt. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great, war! how sweet that you are praying scriptures over your sweet little ones. I would love to do that too - i'll definitely check this book out! :)

    ReplyDelete